Complete Song List from PRIDE AND PREJUDICE 20 June 2010Posted by Admin in from Pride and Prejudice, Pride and Prejudice (2005).
This is the most difficult song list I have ever tried to make, since the soundtrack contained instrumental music. I had to really familiarize myself with the melodies before I could begin making the list.
1. DAWN (track 1)
– Played at the beginning of the movie while the opening credits are showing. Lizzie is walking home and we first get a glimpse of the Bennet’s household (with Mary conveniently playing on the piano).
2. MERYTOWN HALL (track 4)
– Played during the ball, with Kitty and Lydia dancing while Jane, Lizzie and Charlotte were chatting. The song suddenly stops midway at the entrance of Mr. Bingley, Ms. Bingley and of course, Mr. Darcy, and resumes once they are at the other end of the hall.
3. ANOTHER DANCE (track 11)
– Played during the same ball while Jane and Mr. Bingley were dancing.
4. STARS AND BUTTERFLIES (track 2)
– Played while Lizzie was walking to Netherfield to visit Jane.
5. THE MILITIA MARCHES IN (track 5)
– Played while Lydia, Kitty and Mrs. Bennet were watching the officers marching into Merytown.
6. ARRIVAL AT NETHERFIELD (track 7)
– Played while the Bennets are preparing for the ball at Netherfield until they get there.
7. CAN’T SLOW DOWN (track 14)
– Played while Lizzie is dancing with Mr. Collins.
8. A POSTCARD TO HENRY PURCELL (track 8)
– Played in the very intense scene where Lizzie is dancing with Mr. Darcy.
9. LEAVING NETHERFIELD (track 10)
– Played while Mr. Bingley, Miss Bingley and Mr. Darcy were, well, what else… leaving Netherfield.
10. THE SECRET LIFE OF DAYDREAMS (track 12)
– Played while Lizzie is on the swing after Charlotte just told her that she was engaged to Mr. Collins, until Lizzie arrived for a visit to the newlyweds.
11. DARCY’S LETTER (track 13)
– Played when Lizzie first found out (at church) that Mr. Darcy was responsible for separating Mr. Bingley and her sister Jane, until the scene where she is running on the bridge, soon to be followed by Mr. Darcy in what has now become the famous proposal scene in the rain. After the proposal, the second part of Darcy’s Letter plays again when Mr. Darcy came over to give his letter of explanation to Lizzie. It is once more played when Lizzie and the Gardiners are on the way home after finding out about Lydia running away with Mr. Wickham (or was it “Your Hands Are Cold”?).
12. LIZ ON TOP OF THE WORLD (track 9)
– Played in the glorious shot of Lizzie standing on the cliff, looking at her surroundings, while she is traveling with the Gardiners.
13. THE LIVING SCULPTURES OF PEMBERLY (track 3)
– Played when Lizzie and the Gardiners were inside the Pemberly estate.
14. GEORGIANA (track 6)
– Played while Georgiana and Mr. Darcy are waiting for Lizzie and the Gardiners to arrive. It was also played in the hilarious scene where Mr. Bingley is practicing his proposal with Mr. Darcy.
15. YOUR HANDS ARE COLD (track 15)
– Played when Mr. Darcy proposed once more to Lizzie at dawn in the meadow.
16. MRS. DARCY (track 16)
– Played while Mr. Darcy and Lizzie went to talk to Mr. Bennet about their plans to get married.
17. CREDITS (track 17)
– Played during (where else?) closing credits.